Chandigarh City – My Mom’s Hometown
Chandigarh city is one of the most beautiful and well planned city in India. This blog is written in my daughter’s voice. I was three months pregnant when I went to my hometown for her grandfather’s retirement party. This blog is all about visiting Chandigarh with an invisible baby bump. and here we go.
Satsriakal!! (This is how we welcome or wish people in Punjabi).
It’s my Nanu’s (Grandfather’s) retirement celebration and I’m just 16 weeks young, lazing around in my mom’s tummy.
Everyone is so excited about me and pampering mom a lot for same but mom seems to be a little upset. Now she won’t be able to wear her favorite dress as I’m growing fast so it doesn’t fit her anymore. Oh! she’s so unpredictable. I can hear her thanking god for making that dress a little uncomfortable. Seeing her like that, nanu got her a new dress. Lucky she is 🙂
oops.. I forgot to tell that my Nanu stays in City Beautiful. You might be knowing its name. Yes it’s Chandigarh. Do you wish to know some cool facts about this city.
- Sector 17 – Pedestrian paradise & hot destination for people on weekends(Restaurants,pubs,clothing,discos etc)
- Close to Nature and hills and mountains (Greenery at its best) Organised, Planned and designed by the French Architect of that time – Le Corbusier.
- This city has no sector numbered 13 (Considered unlucky)
- It’s a Tricity (Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula).
- Lots of Parks & Roundabouts but no statues
- Mostly working government officials or retired ones (Pensioners Paradise)
- Crazy undefined university elections
- Each sector is divided into roads to avoid direct access to residential areas.
- Lakes, Rose Garden, Rock Garden & many more.
- Sector 22 for latest fashion in reasonable price
- Geri Route(set of roads where students drive cars and motorbikes)
university food joints
- Close to hills (MacleodGanj, Kasauli, Shimla etc)
- Clean city
I feel so fortunate that my Nanke(Grandparents) stay at such a beautiful place and I get to visit it frequently.
Coming back to my Nanu’s retirement celebrations, We celebrated it in Park Plaza.This is an upscale Hotel around 9 km away from Elante mall.
It’s a calm and composed hotel with classy interiors.
The ambiance along with the food was good.The staff was excellent and so was service.
We went there with family and friends for Dinner and we had to choose from the 3 options they had for same.
- Zaranj,-A fine dine theme Restaurant
- A sports bar
- Rooftop dining (pool side too).
Mom had already crafted props for Nanu. The lighting and the background helped us to click our beautiful memories. We enjoyed a lot and I still wait every year for vacations to visit my nankes.
“mainu vi Chandigarh de nazareya ne patya”. I am mesmerised by the beauty of this city – Chandigarh.