Me time-A secret to my happiness.
I’ve always been a fan of having some or Shall I say a lot of “ME TIME” as it lets me be ME.
And being who you are is utmost important to be in alignment with our values and beliefs and also to build courage and maintain our own identity.
I believe there’s no women who don’t like having some time for their own out of their busy schedules. Still if you don’t agree to it, you probably are getting your own Time. Lucky you!
But yes there’s many who would like to know HOW to get or take some time out for themselves? Because there can be a lot of pressure from the outside world which tries to influence who you are and what shall you give priority to.
This pressure increases manifold especially when you’re a woman and Motherhood add on more to it.
ME time is enjoying some quality time with yourself.
The main reason why we women don’t get our “me time” is because we play a lot of roles together of being a wife, mother, Daughter-in-law, leader. We just run around all day to accomplish the basic requirements and luxuries and adjusting in all directions.
And we don’t realize but we get exposed to depression, low self confidence, anxiety and the main reason is Stress.
Like, I met one of my friend that day who has a 2-year-old daughter. She’s a SAHM. She was working as an international air hostess before welcoming her little angel in this world. While she was discussing her present life and issues related to it, I realized the main issue is that she needs her own time. she didn’t get or take any time “Me time” from the last two years. She hasn’t been out for a movie, she waits for months before she visits parlor as she doesn’t take care of herself thinking she doesn’t have to go out anywhere. She herself doesn’t remember when did she last spent a little time for herself.
I could so relate to her as I was same till my daughter turned one but fortunately I figured it soon and started working on it and now I’m my FIRST priority.
Sometimes you have to break from the grind, clear your mind and enjoy some “ME” time.
The first question we should ask ourselves is “Who’s stopping us?”
Ladies! It’s alright to keep the baby with dad or someone close for few hours or a day and go out.
- In the meantime, you can go to parlor, shopping, restaurant or just to meet an old friend(self invite yourself :D).
- If you don’t feel like cooking- Order on Zomato or swiggy.(There are plenty of options available out there).
- Schedule your day in accordance with the schedules of other family members in house. Remember you must HAVE a schedule for yourself instead of randomly doing everything everytime and still feeling overwhelmed.
- Let’s say if your husband leaves by 8 am in the morning, you can go to yoga by 6 am(it’s just an example). Prepare the food a night before or at least the ingredients so that you can save some time in the morning for your morning routine.
- Join weekend hobby classes for your own. you can even start teaching something to kids around if you’re on career break and have no plans to join back.
Self Care is essential for happiness and it can be done in many different ways.
You might need to explore what works for you but surely you should figure it out before it gets too late to get habituated to being someone but YOU.
Just fall in love with yourself again and everyday my darling!
What is the one thing which stops you from getting your “ME time”? What do you do or would like to do in your “ME” time? and if you’re the lucky one who’s already getting some “ME” time, then what do you do in that time? Let’s share ideas with each other to know how it helps you to be YOU…