Mom is too busy these days.She says that this month is full of festivities.even i can sense that.i’m too loving the lights and happiness in the air.we have celebrated many festivals in last few weeks but mom says the grand one is yet to come.
She had a fanatic week planned for same.this is very normal for her.she loves to celebrate each and every festival completely.
But she says that this year she will keep Diwali celebrations little incomplete for my betterment and clean environment .
Initially even i was astonished that why she’s saying so and then she said that
Diwali devoid of fireworks is considered incomplete and raised a question too on same.
let’s answer her question after reading why she thinks we should say no to crackers .
- It creates Smog.
- It leads to Fire Accidents.
- Other living beings(Aged/Babies/Pregnant ladies/Asthma patients) and Pets get affected the most.
- Land pollution from left over and burnt crackers and Noise pollution.
- Child Labor.
- Harmful air to breathe.
so the question she raised is :
Why can’t we refrain ourselves from bursting crackers this Diwali?
For the environment, for our loved ones, for our pets.
Will we keep Diwali incomplete if it is considered so , without crackers?
Diwali is a special one for her as it brings memories from her childhood.Diwali means a “row of lamps” in Sanskrit.it is celebrated for the return of Lord Rama ,with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman from 14 years exile and a war in which he vanquished the king Ravana.
This festival celebrates new beginning ,the triumph of good over evil and light over darkness.
Mom has planned to go for green Diwali to do her bit of contribution in saving and making environment safe for me and my fellow living beings.
She says that it’s easy and enjoyable to follow the following ways to make it exciting :
- Choose Earthen lamps -No pollution and gives a different look.set them in alluring patterns.
- Handmade cards and gifts -Go for economic and better sentimental values gifts for your near and dear ones.
- Give your home a natural aroma.use scented candle and incense sticks.
- Rangoli – use Eco friendly Rangoli colors for your homes and intricate different rangoli patterns to welcome goddess Lakshmi.
- Make other’s Diwali beautiful – do some charity work.donate your unwanted but good in condition things to needy ones.keep your vehicles stocked with small boxes of sweets,chocolates,crayons, toys or knick-knacks that can be useful.gift them to the kids who sell toys at signal or the people who sits at the street side with a wicker basket of veggies.
- Arrange a party at your place in evening and eat sweets together.Enjoy with friends and family by visiting them .
- Make sure to clean up and sweep the garbage if any.
Light Up the World
Of late, many have found a different way of celebrating this festival; they head off to different locations in the country or the world and celebrate the festival in a different manner there. India has some exotic destinations that must be explored to get a different feel of the festival altogether.
Whichever way you celebrate it ,make sure you watch it in wonder as it gives us the gift of togetherness,happiness,teamwork and memories that lasts forever.